Thursday, July 24, 2014
7/24/2014 10:26:00 AM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
The NBA Summer League is working. The participation of fans has increased and more money into the league. Not much to this blog but thought I'd share the numbers from the press release.
· 71,942 total attendees -- an increase of 16% from last year’s previous record -- and a new all-time single-day mark of 8,013 attendees on Monday, July 14.
NBA TV Viewership:
· 2014 was the most-watched Summer League ever on NBA TV, averaging 103,000 household impressions and 116,000 total viewers, increases of 40% and 28%, respectively, over last year.
· The network delivered six of its Top 10 most-viewed NBA Summer League telecasts ever.
· NBA TV's opening night Summer League game from Las Vegas – the Milwaukee Bucks and Jabari Parker facing the Cleveland Cavaliers and Andrew Wiggins – netted an average of 220,000 total viewers, becoming the second-most viewed NBA Summer League telecast of all time.
NBA Summer League Live:
· The NBA Summer League Live subscription package, which delivered televised and online access to all live games from Orlando and Las Vegas, received a record number of subscriptions, up 73% from the previous season.
· NBA.com and NBA Mobile set new records, with visits up 80% and videos viewed up more than 70% from the previous season.
· Samsung NBA Summer League merchandise sales were the highest on record.
· Overall, sales were up a double-digit percentage from 2013 and a triple-digit percentage from 2012.