Saturday, May 25, 2013
5/25/2013 02:08:00 PM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
Western Conference Finals
San Antonio has reminded everyone that they are to be taken seriously after jumping ahead of the Grizzlies 2-0 in the Western Conference Finals. Memphis has been the Cinderella story thus far but looked shell shocked in game one.
The Spurs jumped out 31-14 in the first quarter and never looked back. Memphis ended up losing 105-83 because Mike Conley and Zach Randolph (2 points) combined for 16 points, and 31 total points including Marc Gasol.
The problem for Memphis wasn’t related to their offense but the defense. The Grizzlies like to play a slow pace defensive game where there are fewer possessions in the game. Their efficient defense is most effective when the pace is slowed down ala the 2008 Boston Celtics.
The Spurs ranked 6th in the league in PACE with 96.36 while Memphis played at 91.15, a difference of 5 possessions per game. The surprising factor was that the pace of this game was in the low 80’s, a style Memphis would prefer but were unable to defense the Spurs. San Antonio shot 52.6%.
Friday, May 24, 2013
5/24/2013 02:13:00 PM | Posted by Quentin Haynes | Edit Post
The NBA draft lottery was this past Tuesday. While this year's draft might not produce an All-Star talent, many people found themselves interested to see who would land Kentucky star Nerlens Noel. In the end, the Cleveland Cavaliers won their second lottery in three seasons, potentially grabbing another player to team with Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, and Tristan Thompson. The Orlando Magic got the second overall pick, and after moving up, the Washington Wizards nabbed the third overall pick.
I love creating NBA mock drafts, so I provided my own thoughts on how this draft will pan out.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
5/23/2013 01:53:00 PM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
Jacob and James return after their 100th show party to bring you a segment they call, "Ten Questions". These questions vary in topics but cover everything from the Conference Finals playoffs, the draft lottery and upcoming summer.
This will air at 12:00 PM EST on Thursday! Tune in at www.blogtalkradio.com/probasketballtalk
As always, tweet at us: @probskblltalk @james_bucklin @jacobnnoble
1. What is the most likely scenario for Dwight Howard, resign with the Lakers or sign with someone else?
2.Was Lebron right that he will get, not 4, not 5, not 6 championships?
3. If you are Greg Oden, where would you sign next season?
4. Do the Boston Celtics buyout or trade Paul Pierce before or during the upcoming season?
5. Who do you think has spent more money on tattooing – Birdman or Dennis Rodman?
6. If you had to list JR Smith’s priorities in life between basketball, getting chicks or dying while trying and laying pipe. Which order would you place them?
7. Name one player who is the most likely candidate to play his first all star game next season?
8. Which potential all star will the Mavericks land between Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, Chris Paul and Andrew Bynum this offseason?
9. Will Seattle ever get another basketball team?
10. Rank these players in order of likability: Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard.
5/23/2013 10:07:00 AM | Posted by Ben Kenna | Edit Post
The show sheet may have been empty, but that didn't stop The Bozos of Basketball from plopping out an hour of sexy content for your earholes. Lots of topics were covered, and lots of tears were shed. They even introduced some new segments that will become staples during the hot & sweaty summer months. There was even some feedback of a January show that was taken from the archives, which caused Kez to keel over in laughter when read by James. Great times were had by all. Listen below, it's a gas.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
5/21/2013 03:07:00 PM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
That white boy looks terrified. If you don't think that he has this once in a lifetime photograph of being blown by on the basketball by the King himself, you might want to consider therapy. If I was the bro looking like I just pooped my pants as Lebron dribbled passed me, I'd have this on a mantle over the fireplace.
Anyways, here are 46 other great photos of Lebron James.
NBA Playoffs 2013
- Third Round
- (2) SA Spurs vs (5) Memphis Grizzlies
- (1) Miami Heat vs (3) Indiana Pacers
- Second Round
- (1) Miami Heat vs (5) Chicago Bulls
- (2) NY Knicks vs (3) Indiana Pacers
- (1) OKC Thunder vs (5) Memphis Grizzlies
- (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (6) GS Warriors
- First Round
- (1) OKC Thunder vs (8) Houston Rockets
- (2) San Antonio Spurs vs (7) LA Lakers
- (3) Denver Nuggets vs (6) GS Warriors
- (4) LA Clippers vs (5) Memphis Grizzlies
- (1) Miami Heat vs (8) Milwaukee Bucks
- (2) New York Knicks vs (7) Boston Celtics
- (3) Indiana Pacers vs (6) Atlanta Hawks
- (4) Brooklyn Nets vs (5) Chicago Bulls