Thursday, July 24, 2014
7/24/2014 10:26:00 AM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
The NBA Summer League is working. The participation of fans has increased and more money into the league. Not much to this blog but thought I'd share the numbers from the press release.
· 71,942 total attendees -- an increase of 16% from last year’s previous record -- and a new all-time single-day mark of 8,013 attendees on Monday, July 14.
NBA TV Viewership:
· 2014 was the most-watched Summer League ever on NBA TV, averaging 103,000 household impressions and 116,000 total viewers, increases of 40% and 28%, respectively, over last year.
· The network delivered six of its Top 10 most-viewed NBA Summer League telecasts ever.
· NBA TV's opening night Summer League game from Las Vegas – the Milwaukee Bucks and Jabari Parker facing the Cleveland Cavaliers and Andrew Wiggins – netted an average of 220,000 total viewers, becoming the second-most viewed NBA Summer League telecast of all time.
NBA Summer League Live:
· The NBA Summer League Live subscription package, which delivered televised and online access to all live games from Orlando and Las Vegas, received a record number of subscriptions, up 73% from the previous season.
· NBA.com and NBA Mobile set new records, with visits up 80% and videos viewed up more than 70% from the previous season.
· Samsung NBA Summer League merchandise sales were the highest on record.
· Overall, sales were up a double-digit percentage from 2013 and a triple-digit percentage from 2012.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
7/22/2014 11:51:00 AM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado (July 22, 2014) - Featuring eight players owning USA Basketball experience, including four members of the 2013-14 NBA All-Rookie first team, USA Basketball today announced 13 players for the 2014 USA Men's Select Team that will train July 28-31 with the 2014 USA Basketball Men's National Team during its training camp in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Named to the 2014 USA Basketball Select squad were: Harrison Barnes (Golden State Warriors); Trey Burke (Utah Jazz); Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls); Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors), Tim Hardaway Jr. (New York Knicks); Tobias Harris(Orlando Magic); Doug McDermott (Chicago Bulls); Victor Oladipo (Orlando Magic);Mason Plumlee (Brooklyn Nets); Miles Plumlee (Phoenix Suns); Marcus Smart (Boston Celtics); Dion Waiters (Cleveland Cavaliers); and Cody Zeller (Charlotte Hornets).
"USA Basketball's Select Teams are critical for getting some of the game's brightest and most promising young players experience at the USA National Team level, and getting them into our pipeline," said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketball National Team managing director. "Again this summer, as was done in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012, the members of the USA Select Team will play an important role in helping prepare the USA National Team for the 2014 FIBA World Cup.
"Being chosen for the Select Team is an honor and an important step in becoming involved in USA Basketball's National Team program in the future. In the past, current national team players like Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, as well as many other outstanding players got their USA National Team start through the Select Team."
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
6/11/2014 10:13:00 AM | Posted by Jacob Noble | Edit Post
There is a myth buzzing around the league that the San Antonio Spurs are boring. That they lack personality. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Well luckily for you, I live to break and debunk myths. Fun fact, I actually turned down a starring role in Myth Busters because I do it for fun anyways. Maybe that was a lie. Who really knows. Anyway, below are my five favorite Spurs commercials from their HEB endorsements. If you don't live in San Antonio, this will come as a treat for you. If you already live in the great state of Texas this will just be a reminder on how well these commercials are made. Cue the laughter.
Monday, June 9, 2014
6/09/2014 04:21:00 PM | Posted by Rawan Eewshah | Edit Post
I spoke to McKinley Freeman, star of VH1's Basketball Drama "Hit TheFloor" recently and we spoke about his hit breakout show, our NBA rooting interests, Finals predictions, and of course- the Space Jam Starting Five Game. Not familiar with it? Scroll down to learn the goods.
Let's start off with you career. You played college ball, but ended up working in corporate America.. and now you're an actor on a hit tv drama. Not the most common of paths. What made you pursue acting over an NBA career?
When David Stern didn't call I was like well I guess that's not going to happen. For me I was actually pursuing corporate America, I worked for IBM there for a while, so I was more so really focused on that and the opportunity came up and I did it and I was like oh this could be cool if I actually dedicated myself to getting good at it who knows where it could take me.
It's definitely where my passion lies and for me it's about following your passions in life because life doesn't last forever. I want to be able to at least say I tried.
I read somewhere that your dream co-star would be Denzel Washington. Does that mean you're hinting at the opportunity to be the star of He Got Game 2? Or maybe Space Jam 2?
I heard that. Who knows man. At this point, opportunity wise I'm always open to participate in whatever so at this point I would love to. If that was an opportunity that presented itself it would be an amazing thing to be a part of.